CJ Nelson Outlier
Brand: CJ Nelson Designs
Fins: Single Fin
Construction: THUNDERBOLT RED
7'6 X 22 1/4 X 2 7/8 V51.78'0 X 22 1/2 X 3 1/8 V59.79'0 X 23 X 33/16 V70.0
The Outlier surfboard is inspired by the Shortboard Revolution. It has a belly (or roll) of a hull design that makes it fast, but modern design elements make it more surfable. It's a great choice for surfers who want to go fast and turn differently.
Watch Exclusive Interview with CJ Nelson
Single fin setup
Thunderbolt Red construction
- The single fin setup provides a smooth and controlled ride, while also making the board more maneuverable. This is because the single fin provides less drag than a twin or quad fin setup, which allows the board to glide through the water more easily. The single fin also makes the board more responsive, which makes it easier to turn and maneuver.
- The planing hull helps the board to paddle easily and catch waves early. This is because the planing hull has a rounded belly bottom into a wide flat bottom into the tail that helps the board to displace water more easily and start planning faster. This makes it easier to paddle and catch waves, especially in small waves.
- The low rocker gives the board a fast and responsive feel, even in small waves. This is because the low rocker allows the board to get up on plane more easily, which makes it faster and more responsive. This is especially beneficial in small waves, where a board with a lot of rocker can be sluggish and difficult to turn.
- The tapered hard rails provide stability and control in bigger waves. This is because the thinner tail rails help to keep the board from side slipping out from under the surfer in bigger waves. The rail of nose is tapered to prevent the board from pearling, which is when the nose of the board digs into the water and causes the board to stop.
- The Thunderbolt Red construction makes the board light, strong, and durable. This is because the Thunderbolt Red construction uses a combination of carbon fiber, fiberglass, and epoxy resin. The carbon fiber makes the board strong and lightweight, while the fiberglass and epoxy resin make the board durable.
Watch Reviews: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL18kCj6BCy8K-FyLQgj7Qk5wAd9fQFP36
Recommended Fin: https://www.hawaiiansouthshore.com/collections/fins?q=tg_:CJ%20Nelson%20Parallax%20Fins+vd_:FLYING%20DIAMONDS
Learn more about CJ NELSON: https://www.hawaiiansouthshore.com/blogs/hawaiian-south-shore-surfing-blog/cj-nelson?_pos=5&_sid=1b4f63017&_ss=r