Model: OP 1
FINS: FCS II
Size: 5’10 X 19 3/4 X 2 5/8 V31.90 and 6’0 X 20 X 2 3/4 V34.83
5’3 19 1/4 x 2 5/16 25.29L
5’4 19 3/8 x 2 5/16 25.95L
5’5 19 7/16 x 2 3/8 27.15L
5’6 19 1/2 x 2 7/16 28.37L
5’7 19 5/8 x 2 1/2 29.3L
5’8 19 3/4 x 2 9/16 31.1L
5’9 19 7/8 x 2 5/8 32.52L
5’10 20 x 2 11/16 33.94L
5’11 20 1/8 x 2 3/4 35.44L
6’0 20 1/4 x 2 3/4 36.16L
6’2 20 1/2 x 2 3/4 37.61L
The OP1 is Chris Christenson’s go-to high-performance shortboard. It provides
progressive maneuverability and forgiving curves and rails, allowing it to excel for any level of surfer in fun+ waves. The soft rounded squash tail provides release through turns, while the fuller template provides a bit of extra volume to help you get through flat spots. Forgiving rail are functional but user-friendly, helping you stay on edge without bogging.
Watch Exclusive Interview with Chris Christenson
- Progressive maneuverability: The OP1 provides progressive maneuverability, which means that it is easy to turn and maneuver, but it also has the ability to hold an edge and generate speed.
- Forgiving curves and rails: The OP1 has forgiving curves and rails, which makes it a good choice for surfers of all levels. The curves make the board easy to turn, while the rails are forgiving and prevent the board from catching on waves.
- Fuller template: The fuller template provides a bit of extra volume to help you get through flat spots. This is important in weaker waves, where it can be difficult to generate speed.
- Forgiving rails: The forgiving rails are functional but user-friendly. This means that they are able to hold an edge and generate speed, but they are also forgiving and prevent the board from catching on waves.
Benefits of key features
- Excels for any level of surfer: The OP1 is a versatile board that can be enjoyed by surfers of all levels. The progressive maneuverability makes it a good choice for experienced surfers, while the forgiving curves and rails make it a good choice for beginners.
- Excels in fun+ waves: The OP1 is designed for waist- to head-high waves. This is the sweet spot for most surfers, and the OP1 is able to perform well in a variety of conditions.
- Easy to paddle and catch waves: The fuller template and forgiving rails make the OP1 easy to paddle and catch waves. This is important for surfers of all levels, but especially for beginners.
- Fun to surf: The OP1 is a fun board to surf. It is easy to turn and maneuver, and it can hold an edge and generate speed. This makes it a good choice for surfers who want to enjoy the ride.
Learn more about Christenson Surfboards: https://www.hawaiiansouthshore.com/blogs/hawaiian-south-shore-surfing-blog/the-chris-christenson-surfboardsRecommended Fins: https://www.hawaiiansouthshore.com/collections/how-to-choose-fcs-fins