The H4 Fin Set
FCS Builds the Future
The surf media has written thousands of pages on the various attributes of surfboard design, but much less attention has been given to the part of the surfboard that actually steers it. Fins are an essential part of what makes surfboards work, but we have only recently begun to explore their potential, in terms of design, materials, and other features. For the most part, the fins on today’s surfboards are pretty much exactly the same as the fins that were on boards 30 years ago—whether you are riding single-fin longboards, retro twin fins, thrusters, or quads.
That’s all about to change with the release of FCS’s new H4 Fin Set. This futuristic set of fins combines a progressive, intuitive design with space-age materials and technology engineered by a Swiss company to produce the most efficient flex patterns in the fin market. The H4 Fin blends a traditional fin outline with a hatchet-style tip on the side fins, creating extra drive and speed while simultaneously providing for release at the exact point that surfers want it. Meanwhile, the unique, elliptical shape of the center fin lessens drag while providing control and predictability through turns.
The process used to create the H4 fins is just as high-tech as the design. The H4 fins are built with high-density, uni-directional carbon fiber, making them not only strong and light, but also fast. Meanwhile, the internal composite material on the trailing edge morphs under load, giving the fins drive and pep through turns and allowing them to be pushed hard without compromising control. Finally, a robotic construction process with camera-assisted quality control ensures a high level of accuracy and standardization so that you can be confident about your fins quality and reproducibility.
When all of these high-tech elements are combined, the result is a fin that is elegant in its simplicity. The H4 Fin is custom-built to one specific purpose—to elevate modern surfing to the next level.
Whether you are a professional surfer on the world tour or an everyman shredder out for his after-work session, I think we can all appreciate that.
Radically different side & centre fin templates create a powerful fin set with ultimate speed & drive.
- SIDE FIN PROFILE: Lower section produces maximum acceleration, while hatchet like tip creates stability & control.
- CENTRE FIN PROFILE: Highly raked elliptical outline reduces drag, and offers feeling of predictability when releasing through turns.
- FIN FOILS TEMPLATE: Thicker base with tapered tip optimises flex & regulates the release of energy during rail to rial transitions.
- A wide range of conditions, particularly good in critical overhead waves.
- Designed to fit the FCS II Fin System.
- Recommended for performance shortboards with moderate-to-low rocker.
- Accelerator: Find Control. Speed, flow and response with added control.
MEDIUM (65Kg - 80Kg / 145 - 175 Lbs)
LARGE (75Kg - 90Kg / 165 - 200 Lbs)
FREE STORE PICKUP
We ship All Neighbor Islands, Mainland USA, Puerto Rico, International (Japan, Europe, Australia) Click here for Details.